"We are excited to welcome the best domain space for the Bible to the YouVersion community. There is no better place for a free online Bible than Bible.com," said Bobby Gruenewald, Innovation Leader at LifeChurch.tv. "YouVersion is helping people all around the world engage with God's Word and will be bringing this same vision and purpose to Bible.com."
- Bible reader: Users can choose from nearly 300 versions (including audio) and over 140 languages, compare versions side by side, and choose the font and display size.
- Personalization: Notes, bookmarks, and highlights help users personalize their interaction with Scripture, much as they might with a print Bible.
- Synced between devices: Users can pick up where they left off whether they are reading on their computer, phone, or tablet. Reading plans, bookmarks, notes and more are accessible on all devices.
- Reading Plans: Hundreds of plans help users read the Bible regularly by serving up daily selections of Scripture.
- Easy to use: Even people who are new to the Bible can quickly find chapters and verses, switch between versions to compare text, or search the entire Bible for a word, phrase, or verse, and get results in seconds.
- Social network connections: Users share favorite verses and reading plan progress on Twitter and Facebook.
- Notes: Users can journal thoughts privately or choose to share them with others. The community can access all of the contributions for a verse simply by clicking on it and viewing related notes.
YouVersion's Online Bible and the Bible App were created by a team at LifeChurch.tv in Edmond, Okla., to help increase access and engagement with the Bible. YouVersion is one of the top downloaded apps and is the No. 1 most-downloaded Bible on iTunes, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and more. The Bible App has been listed in the all-time top 10 apps for the iPad and the top 50 apps for the iPhone.