We are called out to not only accept the teaching and correction of Christ's words, but to surrender with joy and singing! And why shouldn't we? By turning our lives over to Christ we lose not only the ability but the right to control our lives. We still have to do the leg work and follow His instructions, we do retain free-will; but now we have the wisdom and knowledge of the one who created the whole of the universe calling the plays. That is something to get excited about! Jesus Christ the Son of God is your personal savior and He wants to dwell 'richly' in your heart! I don't know about you, but I think that is something to sing about. Singing with songs of worship and praise to the one who has created this entire universe for sole purpose of having a relationship with you.
That's quite the statement there isn't it? God created all things just so He could have a relationship with YOU. The meaning of life is our relationship with God. Let me break this down for you. You might agree or disagree as is your right, but I believe this with my whole heart:
- God created the universe because without the exact cosmic stresses our galaxy could not exist.
- Our galaxy is a perfect balance in the laws of physics and without it, our little solar system would not have been formed.
- If one planet in our solar system was not placed exactly where it is, then earth would not be able to hold it's stable orbit.
- If the earth was any closer or any further from the sun it would either freeze or burn. It is in what astrophysicists call the 'green belt' only here can life exist.
- The whole of the world was created for us. in Genesis God gave this planet to us so that we could flourish.
- God sent His one and only son to die on the cross so that He could come into relationship with YOU.
- God formed each of us and knew us all before we were even in our mother's wombs.
God knows all of us and has designed the whole of time and space as we know it so that He can spend time with us, love us, have us love Him. Can you think of a better reason to thank Him with song and prayer?